Sr. Engineer/Project Manager – Civil/Environmental with a focus on Wastewater
(5 – 15 years of experience)
NEXGEN Utility Management
NEXGEN Utility Management, Inc specializes in the planning, design, and construction of water and wastewater facilities. NEXGEN is seeking a skilled and motivated Civil/Environmental Engineer with experience in water/wastewater projects looking for an opportunity to lead and mentor a team of talented junior-level engineers. This is a mid to senior level position that will report directly to the Principal.
Ideal candidates have experience in wastewater engineering, understand how motivate and mobilize a team, and have strong writing skills. We are a growing firm of 20 amazing people. We are looking for someone who can lead an engineering team and deliver high quality projects to the public agencies we serve.
This position is full time and based from our office in Sacramento, CA (Natomas Area), but will include working directly in the field (up to 50%).
Engineer Responsibilities and Functions:
- Performing engineering work in various engineering fields (water and wastewater treatment infrastructure to include pipelines and pump stations, engineering services, construction management).
- Work on engineering designs, prepare reports, develop plans, prepare specifications, and cost estimates for various water and wastewater projects, permitting, and planning projects.
- Construction oversight of design plans and specifications
- Assist with the preparation of technical reports
- Data analysis, field work, and pilot testing
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- 5 to 15 years of design experience with an emphasis in hydraulics, physical, chemical, and biological treatment processes, and treatment plant design
- Registration as a California Professional Engineer (required)
- Application of engineering principles including critical thinking, analysis, and innovative techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and manage project teams
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with a project team
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and detail-oriented
- Commitment to quality work
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with AutoCAD preferred, but not required
- Experience with ArcView preferred, but not required
Salary range of $90,000 - $130,000/year based on experience.
Please include a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position and your resume and references.
NEXGEN CORE VALUES:
Courage – Do the right thing & not be afraid of taking smart risk
• Be bold and make intelligent decisions
• Take initiative even when faced with adversity
Innovation – Promote innovation & continuous improvement
• Approach work with intellectual curiosity
• Follow best practices of the industry
Respect – Treat others with respect & professionalism
• Be honest, open, and forthright
• Approach the organization, clients and team with integrity
Proactive – Anticipate & take the initiative to achieve results
• Be aware of situation and environment
• Anticipate needs and take initiative to address
Results – Deliver exceptional results
• Hold yourself accountable to deliverables and deadlines
• Strive for excellence
Community – Build a community of co-workers and clients
• Family-driven culture of teamwork
• Connect on a personal level with team and clients
WHY WORK AT NEXGEN:
- Engage with an innovative and intelligent team
- Fun & progressive culture in a dog-friendly office
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive salaries and room for growth
- Excellent benefits
NEXGEN is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.