NEXGEN Asset Management is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join their Project Delivery team. NEXGEN's Project Delivery Team is responsible for the delivery and implementation of NEXGEN’s asset management software and related products across various industries with a primary focus in Municipalities, Utilities and Facilities. The team manages software implementation tasks and client communications while providing asset management best practice solutions.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated, enthusiastic, and highly organized individual with a strong technical aptitude and willingness to learn. This person will work on a team to implement a cutting-edge asset management software solution (EAM/CMMS) for high profile clients across the globe. Regular communication with project team members as well as clients will require this person to be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
This position is full-time based in our Sacramento, CA office and will report to the Project Delivery Team Lead.
- As an Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Project Delivery Team in the successful delivery of implementation projects.
- The Assistant Project Manager will work closely with internal NEXGEN teams and client teams to plan, configure, and deliver the NEXGEN application according to client workflows.
- Learn to maintain project plans, communication with clients, and ensure project deadlines are kept on schedule.
- Assist in reviewing clients’ existing databases and determine the relevant data to be migrated in NEXGEN Asset Management’s software.
- Test and validate final system setup prior to product handoff to client.
- Participate in end-user training and support during implementation and Go-Live process.
- Must be able and willing to travel. Possible travel requirements, up to 10%
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
- A strong technical background is required to assist in management of technical projects and handle competing interests.
- 2-5 year’s experience in Project Management, Technology Consulting, Facility Management, Maintenance Management in CMMS or asset management system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal staff and external customers .
- Strong computer proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly organized
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Active interest in understanding the asset management or computer maintenance management system
Salary range of $70,000 - $80,000/year based on experience.
What is NEXGEN Asset Management?
NEXGEN Asset Management is an Enterprise Asset Management system that allows cities, utilities, and facilities increase the longevity of their assets. Founded by an engineer frustrated with the lack of effective asset management tools, NEXGEN has grown to a prominent software organization that keeps its clients at the heart of everything they do.
NEXGEN Core Values
- Do the right thing & not be afraid of taking smart risk
- Be bold and make intelligent decisions
- Take initiative even when faced with adversity
- Promote innovation & continuous improvement
- Approach work with intellectual curiosity
- Follow the best practices of the industry
- Treat others with respect & professionalism
- Be honest, open, and forthright
- Approach the organization, clients and team with integrity
- Anticipate & take the initiative to achieve results
- Be aware of situation and environment
- Anticipate needs and take initiative to address
- Deliver exceptional results
- Hold yourself accountable to deliverables and deadlines
- Strive for excellence
- Build a community of co-workers and clients
- Family-driven culture of teamwork
- Connect on a personal level with team and clients
Why Work at NEXGEN?
NEXGEN team members like to joke that NEXGEN's unofficial motto is "Hawaiian Vibe, Manhattan Drive". Team members at NEXGEN experience a laid back work environment that still focuses on results and achievement. Our office is dog-friendly so you always have a furry friend to say hello to and we believe in promoting from within. NEXGEN is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Submit an application today or visit our website at nexgenam.com to learn more about us!
- NEXGEN is an equal opportunity employer.
- The salary range listed is the starting range for applicants and is based on prior experience and an applicant's interview.
- NEXGEN offers excellent benefits including medical coverage, paid time off, and 401(k) program.
- Applicants willing to grow with the organization are encouraged to apply.